Lucaso’s Creative Art provides a versatile body of work that evokes a magical atmosphere and a sense of wonderment.
Lucas Bertels was born in Lier on January 20th, 1953.
He was educated at the Academy of Arts in Lier (Belgium), where he completed the training of exhibition stand construction, window art, etchings and publicity design.
He then complemented this education with a lithography training.
Lucas also followed model drawing at the Academy of Berchem.
- Teacher at the youth academy in Nijlen/Lier
- Winner etalagiste/visual merchandiser of various 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes, both nationally and internationally
- Restorer of the floats and designer of the new giant Michael for the Brussels “Ommeganck”
- Winner 2nd price for the most original furniture design, parc “Castle of Beervelde”
- Decorator of restaurant “’t Steencaycken”
- Mural paintings at the “Picasso exhibition” in Brugge
- New Years card designed for “Prince Laurent of Belgium” in cooperation with his daughter Griet Bertels
- Belgium Lamot beer Artwork, approved for purchase by BIAC (Brussels Airport)
- Various photos of his art are included in the final report book of vzw KINT of Prince Laurent of Belgium